Friday, February 26, 2016

Pre-medication Cocktails!


Dad pulled up in front of my house and loudly blew his horn a moment ago. It took me a second to realize he wanted me to come out to the car at the curb.

"Let's go get one of those big ass drinks at Circle K, I am thirsty!" my father told me. "And then we will take your medications."

"Now you are talking my language," I said as I excitedly jumped into the passenger side of his Honda.

"You taught me this," dad told me. "You can get two big drinks for $1.52. You can't beat that deal anywhere."

I was excited to get my Sobe Citrus (crack) drink.  It certainly would make my evening much more pleasant.

We got accosted by the same panhandler from a few weeks ago. He is so aggressive that it is almost unnerving. Last time, he got me flustered and I left my gas cap on the hood of my car and drove off. The clerk let him have a jumbo frankfurter hot dog and then he headed up towards the Post Office I assume to home.

I do love it when we are spontaneous like this. It really breaks up the monotony of my life. We drove home and performed my and Maggie's rituals and dad headed home.

image credit: http://croixoil.com/circle-k/

No comments: