Saturday, February 06, 2016

Saturday, Oh Saturday. Dons't Thou Forsake Me Saturday...

I will probably be crawling out of the bed hours after most "normal" people have been enjoying their Saturdays and the weekend off from work.

It is almost 2:30 am and in about an hour and a half I will be asleep for another day as well. I will say this. It has been a very satisfying routine lately. I've been sleeping very well, for long periods, and I go to bed when it is still very dark so that helps with my circadian rhythms somewhat. I don't feel tired all the time. In fact, right now I feel pretty darn good (I better touch wood). I do so love my music and the internet which keeps me comforted in these early hours of the morning.

I Just Had to Buy a Big Mama...

I had a massive snack attack just after midnight. I drove down to the Circle K on the corner and bought a 32oz Sobe Citrus drink, a Big Mama pickled sausage, and a king sized Reese's peanut butter cups. I would make a nutritionist cringe with horror. The clerk was busy and very animatedly talking on her cell phone the whole time I was in the store.

"Girl, I told him don't yo ass ever speak to me dat way again or yo ass be out the door," I heard her say as I stepped up to the counter choking back a grin and a chuckle.

I then stepped out the door to brave the subfreezing cold and the gusty winds to drive back to mi casa.

image credit: http://www.samsclub.com/sams/penrose-big-mama-pickled-sausage-57-oz/157815.ip

Retro Gaming Goodness...

Shining Wisdom is the current retro Saturn game I am into at the moment.  It can best be described as Sega's interpretation of Nintendo's Legend of Zelda series. All the "Shining" series of games have been great and satisfying to play. I am playing Shining the Holy Ark next.

No comments: