Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Don't the Good Days Feel Great?

I awoke at 11 am as if I had slept till 4 pm. My normal sleeping hours are from 4 am to 4 pm. I didn't get into bed until after 5 am I was having so much fun with my computers. I was ready to start my day -- feeling alert and fresh. I expect to feel tired in a little bit, but right now I feel awesome.

The first order of the day was to get breakfast started. I poached four eggs, made a pot of buttery grits, and toasted some frozen biscuits.  Oh, and I almost forgot the spicy hot Tennesee Pride sausage.  Seconds later, my coffee maker was beeping that its brewing was done.  I put Maggie's plate on the floor and proceeded to an exercise in gluttony. Maggie ate hers and then wanted mine. lol Dog logic dictates such things!

Paranoid Android...

My neighbor is off on a jaunt to the Waffle House for lunch.  He will not back up to look in my window during the day because he can't see in due to it being lighter outside than in. My father says that I am just blowing this all out of proportion. What else could he be doing I ask you? Is he practicing backing out his driveway? He will back up out of the carport, light a cigarette, and just sit there for 15 minutes.

Windows 10? Say it Ain't So...


When I awoke my bedroom computer this morning, I noticed it had downloaded Windows 10 overnight and is now asking me if I want to install it. This is the same bedroom computer I installed Windows 7 upon. It is going to be hard to resist as I always like the latest and the greatest as far as my computers go. I've always traditionally been a guinea pig and an early adopter. I hate to be shallow, but Windows 7 just looks better. The Aero interface is just gorgeous and I love the gadgets. There also seems to be less overhead -- the interface being much snappier and faster.

image credit: http://www.intowindows.com/download-windows-7-aero-theme-for-windows-10/

George and Shootin' the Shit...

George was a master at "shootin' the shit" as he called it or just idle chit chat for you laymen. At the time, I was living in an apartment in the basement of my deceased grandmother's house. George would come over with a cooler full of ice beer and we would pull out some lawn chairs and shoot the shit and drink beer until we were shitless. The conversation would grow sillier with each beer we downed.

1 comment:

PipeTobacco said...

Sir:

George, even with a few faults, was truly a good friend! We are exeperiencing a moderate snow storm at the moment (about 14 inches), and while I was out shoveling a while ago, I stopped for a few moments to have a pipe, and was thinking about the day, when I remembered a fellow I saw at 7-11 earlier, who had a dog like your Maggie, and he was smoking a pipe too. And it got me thinking about you. Do you indulge in tobacco these days?

PipeTobacco