Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Stormy Night Ahead...

"It hasn't rained like this in a decade," my father told me last night as he drove us to Kroger. "We went through a decade-long dry period."

I am lucky that my father and I both love the weather. It always gives us something in common to talk about. My brother and my father share football.  My father and I share a love and zeal for the weather.

"I think we are in the middle of a La NiƱa," I replied to my father. "A cooling of the seawater off the coast of Chile."

Of course, it is much more complicated than that.

We have all kinds of watches and warnings out for eastern Alabama tonight. It is raining right now at a pretty good clip. I am pretty sure downtown is flooding about right now. The city will put up barricades disallowing entrance.

In all this flooding we've had lately, my father's river house has remained unscathed and the corner of the house is mere feet from the Chattahoochee river.

An aside: My den computer is in front of the windowed door looking out to my neighbor's house.  He keeps backing up in his van to where he can see me in the window. He will sit there for awhile and then pull back into his carport. He does this a lot lately. He's doing it right now. Dad says I am just being paranoid.

No comments: