Friday, February 19, 2016

My Father Was Right...

Just like that and the pain from my toothache was gone when I woke up this afternoon. It is nice to sit here and not be in any terrible pain. Dad was right about this antibiotic and the swelling is gone as well. I have a follow-up dentist's appointment in the morning to get that irascible tooth pulled. (I'm having second thoughts about that, though, and there is no way in hell they are putting me through a root canal!)
Don't you think I have been through enough?

Fork and Knife in Hand...

When do we eat? lol

I was just over at my parent's house and dad was cooking a roast in the crock pot to make sandwiches out of. The kitchen and den smelled wonderful. He said it had been simmering all day.

"Do you think you can eat some of this?" he asked me.

"I am starving," I told him -- my lost appetite returning. "I really haven't been able to eat much in days."

"I'll bring some sandwiches when I come tonight with your medications," he told me.

I grabbed two days worth of sodas and headed home. I still have lots of groceries left from Monday night's grocery shopping as well which is nice.

Beulah?  You're So Far Away...

Dad said last night that we might have lost Helen. Her car is broken and she doesn't have the money to get it fixed. It is a later model Honda Accord and I think the transmission is going out. Helen's been a part of the family for years and I am going to miss her. I urged my father to get her car fixed and he says he is thinking about it.

"Think of all the wonderful meals she has cooked over the years!" I strongly urged my father.

image credit:  http://www.recipe4living.com/recipes/crockpot_dr_pepper_roast_beef.htm

1 comment:

glittermom said...

That would be a wonderful thing if your father does get her car fixed.. It's bad enough she can't afford to fix it but then to lose her job because of it...