Monday, February 01, 2016

Sanity Escapes Me Sometimes...

I'm having one of those nights where I feel ill at ease -- as if some great calamity is going to befall me mentally.  It is a strange sensation of teetering on the edge of sanity.

"I don't think I am going to make it to the grocery store," I told my father earlier around 9 pm.

"Oh, you can make it," my father said with a guffaw unsympathetic to my cause. "We're going to get gas, put air in our tires, and go grocery shopping. I'll be at your house in just a few minutes."

It will be two more minutes until midnight and I don't think I could sleep if I tried. So here I sit at this computer and worrying my friends with this junk.  Maggie's the smart one.  She is already curled up in the covers on the bed and makes it look so enticing. Maybe I should head that way myself and hope the cool darkness of my bedroom and Maggie's companionship will help calm my mind.

No comments: