Tuesday, February 02, 2016

Better Minds Abound...

I feel much, much better this afternoon. I've got a big pot of spaghetti and meat sauce on the stove and the smells are tantalizing and intoxicating. Maggie keeps expecting a bowl of sauce at any moment -- a food she cannot have. I imagine all that acidic tomato sauce would tear up her stomach it is so rich. She did get some browned and crumbled ground beef, though, earlier. She was in hog heaven.  That is like caviar to a highfaluting person.

I got my neighbor's thermostat installed.  He was ecstatic it was so easy and inexpensive. I told him it wouldn't be any trouble. It only took a few minutes. I was just very glad and relieved to find the replacement gasket in the box. A much-needed detail I forgot to mention to my neighbor.  He headed straight to the Waffle House to eat a late lunch.

"I am getting the t-bone medium well with hash browns and a salad," he told me as he was shutting the door to his van.

It sounded as delicious as the meal I was cooking.

It is very warm here today. My wireless weather station is reading 72°F outside. I am tempted to open all the windows of this old house. The hard part is getting them all closed again. This usually means nasty weather for us and I already see a few storms zigzagging and crossing central Alabama. It is supposed to be really stormy and warm tonight and tomorrow. They have already issued gale force wind warnings.

image credit:  http://www.thedailymeal.com/eat/10-things-you-didn-t-know-about-waffle-house-0

No comments: