Friday, February 05, 2016

And Ham it Be As George Would Say...

I just called dad to see what he cooked tonight.

"I cooked a ham steak, steamed cauliflower and Brussel's sprouts, and a pan of cornbread," he told me. "I cooked a little peppery white sauce or roux with lemon to pour over the steamed cauliflower and it is delicious."

I love cauliflower and Brussel's sprouts! Ham is not my most favorite thing, but it does make some nice sandwiches which are my plans. I've got some really fresh hoagie rolls to make sandwiches with. Don't forget the Blue Plate mayonnaise!

"Do you want me to come and get my plate?" I asked my father very assertively. "We can take my medications as well."

"Just let me watch Jeopardy," he said. "And then I will call you."

My only worry is Maggie is not going to be able to see my father tonight.  That is such an important part of her daily routine.

image credit: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/17/science/17jeopardy-watson.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

2 comments:

glittermom said...

I knew it was going to be ham!

glittermom said...

Did you father ever fix smoked pork chops? Taste like ham..