Monday, February 01, 2016

Grocery Day Debriefing...

Tonight's tally was a cool $69 dollars.

"You can just about get seventy dollars every time," my father told me proudly.

I got tons of breakfast foods this week.  Maggie and I will be having breakfast for supper some nights for the foreseeable future.  I thought it would be a nice change of pace. These are more of the type of foods I can feed Maggie without feeling guilty or that I am doing her harm. Plain scrambled eggs and cheese grits aren't going to kill her.

Jumbo Jermaine caught me putting pudding in my buggy.

"It that stuff good?" he asked over the electric whir of his motorized cart intrigued. "I've never tried it."

"I find it a great snack if you get hungry and it is satisfying," I told Jermaine. "I would like to see it made into a bigger size, though."

Jumbo Snack Pack...

One of my biggest expenditures tonight was buying three gallons of sweet milk.  I wanted to make sure I had enough milk for my two $3.55 bags of frosted flakes cereal. 

Paige checked us out again tonight.  Could there be a more likeable person on this earth?  Her line doesn't dawdle either.  You get in and you get out all with a big toothy grin. 

image credit:  http://www.amazon.com/Snack-Pack-18-Chocolate-Chuckless-18-Vanilla/dp/B007SIGT02

1 comment:

Rita said...

It seems that writing a list is working for you. I can really get over the top when I have a big shopping trip. I organize things by category, and sequence of location in the store.