Monday, February 08, 2016

Unwanted Four Letter Words...

COLD! My father and I liked to have frozen our gonads off tonight. My hands are still numb after that grocery store visit and the fiercely gusty winds felt like shards of ice cutting you to the bone.

Once again, our Kroger was out of so many basic things. They didn't even have whole/sweet milk and I got two bags of Kroger brand frosted flakes. The Piggly Wiggly will be getting my milk money in the morning.

They were also out of ground beef and ground chuck for which I was going to make spaghetti and meat sauce with.  Once again, Piggly Wiggly will provide.

Dad walked back up front to talk to the manager on duty. I would have liked to have been a fly on the wall of that conversation. My father is an astute business man of 47 years and knows this is not the way to run a business and treat your customers.

"None of them know what the hell is going on," my father said in disgust when he reunited with me.

My total tally tonight was $69 dollars. It helps to have a list, a strict agenda, and to not impulse buy foods. Dad remarked tonight how well I do about shopping.

"At first, It embarrassed me," I told my father honestly. "A 43-year-old man having to have help from his parents to buy groceries."

"Now, I am just glad to spend some quality time with you," I concluded.

Jermaine was sighted in the dairy aisle and I was walking straight towards him.  I turned my cart around to get the Hebrew National hotdogs I so wanted and avoided a friendly but lengthy visit.

image credit:  http://www.concordmonitor.com/news/livebreakingnews/3528432-95/snow-storm-east-system

No comments: