Thursday, February 18, 2016

Tales of Woe...

I awoke at 6:30 tonight confused to whether it was evening or morning. That is always disconcerting and disorientating. I was just like Martha who will call me and ask me if it is morning or night. Then I realized what happened this morning and the fact that my tooth was still hurting. The dentist said my tooth was too infected to pull and put me on a regimen of strong antibiotics. I have to go back in a few days for another x-ray and to see if the swelling has gone down.

"I am giving you today's Klonopin," my father told me this morning. "It will help with your anxiety."

So, I got all 4mg of Klonopin this morning instead of tonight.

Dad had walked into the dentist's office with me and told the receptionist to watch me -- that I might just disappear. The receptionist laughed nervously. I was in too much pain to just disappear this morning, though.

The dentist also prescribed some very strong pain medication, but we all know I can't take those along the same lines of why I can't have a six pack of beer every night. It triggers that addictive process in my brain. I bravely asked the dentist to at least numb the tooth so I could get back to sleep when I arrived home. He eagerly agreed.

"Slight pinch," he said as the needle was going in.

So, I am sitting here drinking ice water as that is the only thing I have found to keep the pain at bay. I have another big jug of ice water in the freezer getting cold. As long as I take a drink every few minutes then it keeps the pain from being excruciating.

1 comment:

glittermom said...

You need an ice pack to hold on that side of your face..can your dad can get ome at the drug store before he comes over.