Tuesday, February 23, 2016

I Like Shopping...

Your Walking On Thin Ice Pops...

Mom and I just came to the consensus that my father's wine imbibing is causing the forgetfulness.

"He's had a lot of wine since last week," mom told me over the phone.

Drinking the wine doesn't make me feel better, but not getting Alzheimer's does.

My Trip to The Pig and Fred's...


I've just had a little shopping foray and it was fun.  The Piggly Wiggly sure was busy, though. I wanted some Penrose pickled sausages and some mixed nuts at Fred's. I kept thinking The Pig was out of sausages, but they just moved them. A cheery clerk helped me with that.

"Your daddy's going to get on to you for these shopping trips," my mother told me on the phone later.

"Oh hell, let him be mad," I said to my mother with a laugh. "He ought to be glad that's all I am getting and it was under ten dollars."

Dad thinks the worst -- that I am getting Benadryl at Fred's. The 100ct. bottle of Benadryl is only a little over $4 dollars there.

"You would see it in my behavior!" I told him. "I would be drunk all the time!"

Next, I walked down to Fred's past the place that Big S always sat and panhandled. I greeted a new clerk, a frumpy looking black lady, as I walked by. The turn around on clerks at this store is just dizzying.

It is hard not to impulse buy in Fred's. They had 2 liters of grape soda on sale for .99 cents.

An Old Memory of George...

George and I were sitting in his dilapidated old Dodge Diplomat smoking cigarillos and drinking beer.  Ferret and Big S were sitting on the bench in front of the Piggly Wiggly. They were hitting people up for money. The Manager came outside and told Ferret and Big S they were going to have to move -- that customers were complaining.

George stood up out of his car and said to the manager, "You gotcha an infestation of niggas! Better call the exterminator."

George is African American so he could get away with saying the N word.

Much hilarity was had. I just died and busted out laughing. George's antics could always make me smile.

1 comment:

glittermom said...

I miss the old stories ....