Saturday, February 27, 2016

A Big Hyacinth Sigh!

Maggie, my little furry darlin', decided that 7 am was a viable time to wake up when we didn't go to bed until 4 am. She was showing what puppy is left in her after all these years -- playfully barking and cajoling me into the kitchen to fix breakfast. We had something simple and that was buttery grits and buttery toast. A big bowl of warm, creamy, and buttery grits can best be described as "rib-sticking".

I know I write a lot about food, but wouldn't you rather I proselytize about grits instead of writing nothing at all? I don't know the definition of Foodie, but I am probably one of them.

It's Absolutely Electric, Dude!

Well, my little brother went to Atlanta and bought him a Tesla electric car for his commute to Alex City and back every day. They now have a fast charge station in Auburn and my brother also had a station installed in his garage.  My father likes frou frou stuff like this and was just pleased as a peach. Dad had me pull up their website last night.  I will have to admit that the car does look impressive on paper and in person. I think the electric motor was rated at over 400 horsepower. My Honda CR-V only manages a paltry 190 horsepower and that's on a good day.

No comments: