Friday, February 26, 2016

Guess Who Woke Me Up Today?

Breakfast a few months ago.
Maggie jumped up on the bed and lay down beside me and started making little mewling noises. She was lonely is all could guess and wanted me to get busy and about the house. There was also our breakfast to contend with.

I was standing in the kitchen looking in the refrigerator deciding on what to cook with Maggie standing beside me wildly wagging her tail. She knows the game. I wanted biscuits and bacon I decided and that what we had for a very late breakfast. I put a little butter and some Smucker's strawberry preserves on a hot biscuit and I was in heaven. They are tastes made for each other.

So what does Maggie do after I get out of bed, take a shower, dress, and then cook breakfast? I did it all for her, and she goes and gets on the back of the couch and goes to sleep. You just can't help but smile and be consternated at the same time.

Missing Helen...

Normally, we would be having a gobsmacking big soul food meal for supper with it being Friday. My father is still ruminating on getting Helen's car repaired.

I was just over at my parent's getting my sodas for the day. Mom handed me a sack of four Chef Boyardee Beefaroni microwave bowls worried that I was starving to death. I smiled and gladly carried them home.

"Your daddy's fixing a big breakfast for supper," my mother told me. "So leave room for something good to eat tonight."

I told my mother to tell my father to cook some of that unbeatable Clark Bros. sausage he got last week on a trip to Roanoke.

Maggie Certainly Loved George...

A great deal of amusement for me, when George visited, was that Maggie absolutely adored him. George would sit down in my recliner, crack open a cold Natural Light Ice, and then Maggie would jump up in his lap causing him to spill his precious beer. I've never seen Maggie jump up in someone's lap like that.

"You need to teach this goddamn dog how to mind," George would tell me half aggravated and also half enjoying Maggie's love for him.

No comments: