Wednesday, February 10, 2016

It is Almost Time For Gloriously Giant Drinks!


"What's dad doing? Watching Jeopardy?" I asked my lucid mother.

It is almost 8 pm and medication time is just around the corner I hope.

"He is sound asleep in his leather recliner," mom replied with a whisper. "He is almost snoring."

"Well, that doesn't sound very promising," I retorted depressingly.

I had asked my father an hour earlier if we could go get some giant drinks at the Circle K when he arrives. I guess I could drive down now and get my Sobe Citrus drink, but my car is freezing cold. I was being a pussy and hoping we could go in my father's already warm car. I can't see to drive well at night to add to the conundrum -- the glare from oncoming headlights almost blinding me. It is a nerve wrenching feeling.

"I will wake him if it gets too late," my mother told me quietly which wasn't very comforting.

She is just as likely to doze off like my father is as well. My middle name is impetuous this evening.

"Call me when he leaves the house," I told my mother and she said she would.

No comments: