Saturday, February 06, 2016

Shhhh, Don't Tell Papa...

I was doing some extraneous food shopping today which is frowned upon by the head honcho of this familial unit. Lunchtime found me in the Piggly Wiggly looking for something good to eat. I also needed another gallon of milk. That's the fourth gallon of milk I have drank for the week. Excuse me while I moo.

I got a large $4.99 can of Hormel steamed roast beef which said product of Brazil, but I bought it anyway. Janice, Charlie's wife, uses this in her beef and noodles. I also got some wide egg noodles myself. We were going to have some roast beef, gravy, and noodles for lunch and supper -- kind of like a poor man's beef stroganoff.

Mom called me on the ride home after I deftly and smartly paid cash for my items. I was just pulling out of the Pig's and Fred's parking lot.

"I've got two supper plates from last night if you want them," she said.

"I'm out and about," I told her. "I will swing by and pick them up."

I don't know were dad was, but the X5 was not in the garage which means he was up to something frou frou. I let myself in the back door and on the kitchen counter were my Cokes and two containers full of food. Nice! More ham sandwiches for me tomorrow. I also had plenty of steamed cauliflower with that delicious white sauce spooned over them.

That Undaunted Dog...

I wouldn't be up this early if it weren't for the Magster. She kept coming in the bedroom and whining incessantly.

"Get back in the bed," I told Maggie.

"But strange people are attacking our neighbor!!!"  I could only guess what Maggie was thinking.

I got up to see what she was barking and whining about. There were surveyors measuring my neighbors driveway. He must be going to have a proper driveway put in instead of just grass and gravel.

No comments: