Saturday, February 13, 2016

An Introvert's Compromise...

I talked to Laura this morning despite being the hardest person in the world to get on the phone. She caught me on Facebook and asked if she could call me. Mom will ring me once and I will call her back. Dad rings twice and I know to call him on his cellphone. Any deviation from those rings and I will not answer the phone.

We are going to have Papa John's pizza, watch a movie, and exchange Valentine's at my house as a compromise. I feel much more comfortable doing this instead of going out to eat. I will have to drive to La Grange, Ga. and pick her up since she doesn't have a driver's license or car, though. She wants to spend the day with me is what she said (lord help me).

Mom got me a really, really nice and expensive box of Whitman's chocolate (pictured) and the card was sweet as well. Mom's kinda experiencing this vicariously through me and gets excited about it when we are talking on the phone. This all seems so sophomoric to me.

No comments: