Saturday, February 27, 2016

Well, the Zombies Came to Visit...

My father didn't arrive till almost ten tonight. About 9:45, I called mom to check on him. It was the latest he's been in a long time. I figured he had fallen asleep in his recliner so was not very alarmed.

"I was asleep on the couch and he is not home," my mother sleepily told me not being much help.

Moments later, he came pulling up in front of my house.

"You've got to help me get all this in the house," he hollered from the street as Maggie and I stood in the door to greet him. Maggie was barking a mile a minute.

I had quite the care package that more than made up for the late arrival. Dad brought me sodas, Swisher Sweet cigars, medications, corned beef hash, and cornbread that was still warm.

He toodled on out to the car and headed home -- no doubt to soon go hit the hay. Dad was in zombieville tonight and not quite himself.

But I didn't inhale!


image credit: http://www.browneyedbaker.com/corned-beef-hash/
image credit #2: https://www.thebackyshop.co.uk/products/swisher-sweets-cigarillos-foil-wrapped-cigars

No comments: