Saturday, February 20, 2016

A Little Birdie's Birds-nest...


Dad called me this evening sounding somewhat despondent.

"We are going out to eat with your brother and family. Will you come and do something with your mother's hair? It is a terrible mess!"

"Let me take a shower and I will be right over," I sleepily told my father followed by a yawn.

It was 4 pm and I was just getting up for the day. I went to bed at about 3:00 am last night.

Segueway to my parent's house...

Mom's hair was a mess and I worked my magic. I often have to do this for my father. Mom will lie down all day and her hair gets flat in the back. I got her hair pick out of her makeup drawer, fluffed it up for a few minutes, and added a little hairspray of the big, beautiful and sexy hairspray brand she had on her bathroom counter.

"Thank you, sweetheart," my mother told me still half asleep.

"Oh, that looks a hundred percent better," dad said as we finally walked into the den.

Mom was like a zombie tonight and dad and I both urged her to stay home.

Dad had cooked a big meal today and I had three plates of food to take home with me. I was overjoyed. We took my medications and I almost couldn't get to my car my hands were so full. I also had my six diet Cokes to carry as well.

1 comment:

glittermom said...

We refer to it as bed head!