Friday, February 26, 2016

Sometimes You Just Bowl a Gutter Ball as Horsefly Would Say...

I was down at the tracks all afternoon and didn't see but one train. It was a mixed freight headed to La Grange and then on to Atlanta. I was very, very disappointed. I stuck a bunch of Model Railroader magazines in my backpack to read and they came in handy. Someday my computer room will be transformed into my train room.

My snack was some Saltine crackers and two tins of potted meat. Have you ever tried potted meat? It can best be described as "loud" if food made a sound.

I sat on the same bench behind the bank that Ferret slept on when he was homeless. He soon moved to a tent in the woods on the other side of the tracks as that bench is cold as hell as I found out today. I had to find me a piece of cardboard to sit on to insulate me from the cement bench.


Does anyone remember the scene in the movie Slingblade where Frank and Carl are out in the garage where Carl slept? Carl was eating some potted meat and crackers.

"I heard that there's pig dicks in potted meat," Frank said.

"You ought not say that. You just a boy."

Carl then pointed his knife in the can and said, "Looky there! I think I see one right there!"

Frank got to giggling.

image credit: http://davescupboard.blogspot.com/2012/06/potted-meat-is-nastier-than-you-can.html

1 comment:

Summer said...

Yes I do remember that scene. Great movie!