Saturday, February 06, 2016

McDonald's Will Be Catering the Medication Ritual Tonight...


My father didn't get here until 10 pm for the medication ritual. He was about an hour late. I knew he was coming, though. I didn't call and hurry him along. I practiced patience. Never has he left me in the conundrum of a restless night without access to my medications. I half expected to see Charlie and Horsefly arrive in his stead.

Maggie and I were overjoyed when he finally pulled up in front of my house. In his hands were my medications, a Big Mac value meal, and a giant regular Coke. My father is getting to be an old softie in his later years. Never before would he ever bring me food like he has been doing recently. I wonder if Charlie said something to him about it? I think dad bringing the food was a conciliatory measure for being so late. I didn't complain as Maggie and I were quite smitten and overjoyed about the whole situation.

image credit:  http://rpad.tv/2010/01/15/psa-free-wifi-at-mcdonalds-starting-today/

No comments: