Thursday, February 04, 2016

The Tale of the Hairy Princess...

I was so glad to see my father pull up in front of the house tonight. It is always nice when the cavalry arrives. Maggie let out a squeal of glee and began to bark fervently as she scrambled to the front door! She was on the back of the couch looking out for him. She knows the rituals well.

"What's my needy folks needin' tonight?" my father asked in jest. "Andrew needs his medications and I see the princess needs to get her hairy back scratched."

Maggie was nudging my thigh for a quick back scratch in the middle of all of this and my father noticed it.

A big smile broke out onto my face and I chuckled. Dad and I both agreed that Maggie was one sure hairy princess. Dad can be so silly sometimes, and it is a side of him I like to see even if he has worked 10 hours today.

El Rio Grande Chicken Fajita Assessment...

The chicken fajitas weren't half bad tonight people. They were just kind of blah and bland. I added some salt and hot Pace salsa I had in the fridge and that helped to spice things up a bit and gave them more of a tomatoey taste with a bite. I have to keep in mind that there are millions of people on this planet who would love to have this meal faults and all who go about their lives hungry. It is another reason to evoke my Auschwitz Mantra.

image credit:  http://www.mccormick.com/Lawrys/Recipes/Main-Dishes/Lawrys-Chicken-Fajitas

No comments: