Friday, February 05, 2016

The Ravages of Time...

"You've got ten more minutes to wait and then you can drive home," my father told me after giving me my "vitamins" as he called them tonight with a chuckle. He says he is keeping me from barfing them back up.

I chuckled as well. I was anxiously wiggling in my seat -- anxiously wanting to drive back home and settle into my nightly routines. I also had to use the bathroom and wanted the privacy of my own bathroom at home.  Mom and dad were watching some Britsh period drama on Netflix trying to figure out if it was set in England or Australia.

"That certainly isn't British weather," my father remarked.

When I arrived home, it was just freezing outside tonight (34°F) and my neighbor was sitting in his car. He was getting out of his van when I turned off my ignition.

"How are you, sir?" I asked him respecting my elders.

He mumbled something about being okay. These situations always pique my social anxieties.

"Are you hungry?" I then asked him. "I have a plate full of country cooking."

He told me thanks, but he couldn't impose on me in such a manner.

image credit: http://so--hi.blogspot.com/2012/09/getting-healthy.html

3 comments:

glittermom said...

A strange fellow....I wonder what his story is.

Anonymous said...

Maybe you should step outside your comfort zone and just take a plate for yourself and him over next time. As long as he is not dangerous to you which it doesn't seem he is and as long as the alcohol isnt a problem for you, you might develop a lose but nice friendship.

Or better yet maybe you could invite him in for a bite by saying you would like the company. It is good to have a friend once and awhile

PipeTobacco said...

Sir:

I agree. He could become a good friend.

PipeTobacco