Wednesday, February 10, 2016

And We Have Gloriously Giant Drinks...


Dad finally arrived much to Maggie's and my elation. "Papa's Here!" I exclaimed as Maggie began to bark jubilantly. We both thought he would never get here tonight as the clock inched closer to 10 pm. Maggie whined on the couch watching every car that passed for an hour realizing it was getting late and Papa still hadn't arrived.

"I told you she would be back," dad told me laughing hysterically when I told him Laura asked me out for Valentine's day.

Dad thinks this all one big game and I guess in a way it is. The dating game. I guess I will have to get some cliched flowers and some equally cliched chocolate.

We were driving down to the Circle K to get our gloriously giant drinks. Laura had also asked me to ask my father what Visteril was used for.  It is an antihistamine type of drug that is also used to calm your nerves or help you go to sleep -- once used as an anesthetic.

"Hydroxyzine is similar to Benedryl or diphenhydramine in a lot of ways," my father replied.

I got my two XL Sobe Citrus drinks and they cost $1.52.  Dad got a large Diet Coke for .69 cents.

"Your injection is in the morning and I have continuing education down in Auburn," dad told me as we sat in his car in front of my house. "I am leaving now to go fill your prescription and will give it to Charlie. Charlie will meet you at Kamath Medical at 9 am with your injection."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She's back? She didn't like living in a camper, without a truck, with a felon and no hot water? Oh gee, why not? She was not real smart going in the first place. She didn't call you for a ride, did she? (I was worried about you going head to head with said felon while trying to get her out of there) Actually, just cuz she's back; you don't need to buy anymore than maybe a card if you just happen to see her on Sunday. You can avoid all gifting by just saying you're already busy on V'Day. "I'm glad you're back and safe, Laura! Why don't we do something, maybe, next week?" If she is bold enough to ask about V'Day, "Oh Laura, I'd love to but I already have plans." She doesn't have to know deets. Let her believe you have another date and eat the chocolate yourself. And don't forget the pupperoni for your REAL girl!