Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Tulip Trees and the Medicine Man...

"Would you put my sodas out on the porch?" I asked my father about 30 minutes ago.

He has a much deserved day off.

On the drive over, I noticed all the tulip trees are in full bloom which was exciting. Next will be the daffodils. Warmer days are ahead! Personally, this winter has just flown by for me.

I was the dutiful son and called my father's cell phone so as not to wake my mother. That's one surefire way of making my father mad as hell is to call on the landline on his day off and wake my mother.

I noticed dad's hazard flashers were flashing on his CR-V when I pulled into the driveway. I walked up and quietly knocked on the door and told my father about it.

"Let's take your medications while we are out there," my father said as he keeps the medications in his Honda. "Do you have something to drink in your car?"

I held up my six newly acquired diet Cokes.

We took my medications and I was a happy man. It will make for a pleasant afternoon. Don't you just love such little coincidences in life? One good deed deserves another. I never did find out why my father had his hazard lights on, though. He certainly seemed surprised.

image credit:  http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/131729011293?ul_noapp=true&chn=ps&lpid=82

No comments: