Sunday, February 21, 2016

Wound Up Tight as a Top...

Charlie was very reserved tonight, but my father was wild -- acting like a court jester. Charlie basically had the job of chaperoning my father tonight.

"Have you had a few drinks?" I asked him warily as he laughed.

I knew things were interesting when he had his baseball cap turned backward on his head. I called him a homeboy.

"Skrait Outta Compton!" he exclaimed, catching me by surprise with that reference, and I just busted out laughing.

Dad stood out in the front yard barking loudly to get Maggie and all the neighborhood dogs barking as well. I am sure my neighbors appreciated the sentiment. Well, bark Maggie did and the rest of the neighborhood dogs barked wildly as well. We had a wildman in Andrew's front yard! I am sure my neighbor next door who was sitting in his running van in the carport wondered what the hell my father was drinking. My neighbor has been drinking beer in the bottle all day and you hear the tale tail sound of empty bottles slamming on each other as they land in the trash.

I got burgers again tonight. A Wendy's double w/cheese to be exact with a side of Wendy's subpar fries. I am starving and will soon eat after the hour has passed and my medications have soaked in. I can dig in about 9 pm. Let's hope I can resuscitate these french fries in the microwave. I think I will refry them in some olive oil on the stove in a saute pan. I love 'em crunchy.

Dad and Charlie were late tonight having to wait on chicken to cook at the KFC (this happens often). Leaving without Horsefly's chicken strips is not an option.

"Goddamn!" Charlie said earlier. "How can Kentucky Fried Chicken run out of chicken?"

image credit:  http://www.businessinsider.com/wendys-chipotle-panera-five-guys-2012-10

1 comment:

Rita said...

I don't know how much it would heat up your house, but heating French fries in the oven helps them crisp up as well.