Thursday, February 11, 2016

Be My Valentine...

I've decided I am going to get Laura a nice card and some chocolates for Valentine's Sunday. Mom and I are going out to eat tomorrow night at Captain D's and I hope to run by my father's former pharmacy and charge it to my account. Mom didn't know we were going out Sunday and she thought that was very interesting. She started to ask me a dozen questions about my date.

"Aren't you nervous?" my mother asked me.

"Laura is as down to earth as they get," I replied to my mother. "I feel comfortable around her."

Don't Tempt Me Kathy!

I was just over at Fred's before they closed to get some more Irish Spring Speedstick deodorant.  Kathy, the head manager, offered me a job.

"I can put you to work in the morning," she told me after I told her I managed a tropical fish department at a pet store years ago and had retail experience.

"I will think about it," I told her as we wrapped up our small talk.

I don't dare tell my father this when he comes over for the medication ritual. It will worry him and freak him out!

"Don't you dare take that job and screw up your disability and health insurance," I can hear him tell me now.

Dearest Maggie...

Sweetheart, you need to get an exterminator. You have made just about every rude, loud and snuffling noise you can make trying to get at that one little cootie on your posterior. I know you have to be exhausted by now.

No comments: