Tuesday, February 09, 2016

Snow Showers!

I just called my father at the pharmacy.

"Have y'all seen any snow down there?" I excitedly asked him.

It was amazing he answered his cellphone at work. Something he normally does not do. I was just going to leave him a voicemail.

"We've had a few snow showers, but it is not sticking," he replied with a warm and welcoming tone to the sound of his voice.

My father sounded like he was in a very good mood today. I will see him around 9 pm tonight for the medication ritual and Maggie's ritual.

The temperature has hovered around 38°F all day. We were both excited about the interesting and different weather, though. It was snowing pretty heavily as I drove home from the Piggly Wiggly. It was a light and fluffy snow blown around by the brisk winds, unlike the wet and heavy stuff we usually get here that turns to a slushy mess.

Before that, I was on a mission to get today's sodas and was soon standing inside the Piggly Wiggly on a father sanctioned visit to get ground chuck and a few gallons of milk. I also picked up a big can of Poss' Brunswick stew and a jar of Penrose pickled sausages -- some things you can't find or buy at Kroger. It didn't take me long and I was happily nestled back in my nice and very warm home -- glad to be out of this cold snap we are having.

Experimental Cauldrons of Spaghetti Sauce...

I am trying to find a spaghetti sauce recipe that is both easily made and tastes delicious.  I just fixed me a bowl of sauce cooking on the stove and let it cool before the taste testing.  I think this is going to be the recipe I like the best.  All I did was just to add a large jar of Prego traditional pasta sauce to my already established recipe. It added that extra sweetness that I was looking for.

1 comment:

Christina said...

I just realized you've unfriended me and blocked me on Facebook. I'm sorry to see that. I have no idea why you did that, but wanted to note that I send you my best regards.