Monday, February 22, 2016

Family Communion...

Sometimes you just need a little tender loving care, you know? I needed something to perk me up.

"Come over and get some vegetable beef soup and some sweet tea," my mother told me. "Your father cooked tonight."

Dad got on the phone and urged me to come as well.

There was a break in the rain and I went for it taking a very big gamble. I was sitting at my parent's table eating soup and cornbread when Charlie walked in the back door. I smiled the biggest smile.

"I'm getting to see all my favorite people today!" I beamed.

"Oh hell, you don't want to see this old grouch!" Charlie said with a laugh as he gave me a hug.

The soup and cornbread went a very long way to lift my spirits. I was just hungry and lonesome. I told my father he was just like his mother when cooking delicious and soul nourishing food was concerned. I also got to get my six diet Cokes for the day and the caffeine has perked me up some as well.


1 comment:

glittermom said...

Im Glad you had a nice ending for your day....I live alone and it's always nice to have company now and then..