Monday, February 15, 2016

I Had a License to Spend, but Prudence Won Over...

Yes, it won over this gunshy shopper.

"Helen's not coming again this week," my father told me on the drive to Kroger. "Get plenty of those frozen meals you like so you won't run out of food."

It was raining pretty heavily and my windshield wiper blades are kaput, thus the ride in my father's Honda.

"It is going to cost a little more," I cautiously told my father.

Well, I ended up only spending $72 dollars much to both our undesired chagrin.  I did get wholesome if inexpensive food. I love the frozen Tai Pei Asian meals that are 2 for $5. They only take 5 minutes to cook in the microwave as well. I have a beef and broccoli meal in the microwave cooking right now.

One night we will also be having spaghetti and meat sauce that will feed me for quite a few days as well. I forgot the onions and the minced garlic, though. I really wanted to experiment with those items and kick my meat sauce up a notch.

"You sure you've got enough food?" dad asked as we were in the checkout line.

"I will be fine," I told my father as the cashier rung up my 3rd gallon of whole milk. "I am going to be eating lots of cereal."

My costliest and my most frivolous item was an ex-large $3.99 bottle of International Delight hazelnut coffee creamer. The palette of jumbo eggs I bought was expensive as well. Breakfast foods, in general, are expensive.

"Shit dad!" I said to my father when we got my groceries loaded up and in the back of his car. We were about to drive off. "I forgot my two Mountain Dew sodas and that's my favorite thing about grocery night."

I quickly ran inside due to my father's urgings and purchased two drinks via a self-checkout line and was quickly back in my father's car.

"Thank you!" I told him very graciously and sincerely.

image credit:  http://www.groceries-express.com/WebPages/4127102568%20International%20Delight.html

2 comments:

amelia said...

Can't you dice an onion yourself? Garlic is very easy to peel and mince as well!

Christina said...

Why haven't you written about your Valentine date? Something go wrong?