Monday, February 15, 2016

Rinse and Repeat...

It seems inclement weather will besiege us on grocery day tonight. It is just absolutely pouring rain to our west and headed this way. Looks like a few storms are becoming severe as well with some tornados mixed in for good measure.

Yes, it is another rumination on grocery day.  We will be cooking spaghetti and meat sauce once again this week (I can never tire of the stuff it seems). I think I have about perfected my recipe. There will be two additions suggested by my readers and that is sauteed minced garlic and diced onion in olive oil. A little birdy told me that I can find already diced onion in the frozen vegetable section as we must make this sauce as easy to prepare as possible.  Then I will add two pounds of ground chuck, two large can's of Hunt's tomato sauce, two cans of Hunt's Italian tomato paste, and one large jar of Prego traditional style pasta sauce.

Let us pray, too, that the dairy gods bless Kroger tonight and they have whole milk in stock this week as I want three gallons to go with my 2 large bags of Kroger frosted flakes.

I will also have to get some frozen meals to placate my father.  The Bertolli meals have been the best ones I have eaten so far. Their chicken parmigiana meal is delicious. Marie Calender? I am kicking you to the curb.

Then we have Andrew's milk chocolate pudding to contend with. I hope they are still 10 for $10 this week. That is such a wonderful comfort food to me. We might get some vanilla pudding as well so Maggie can join in on the bounty.

image credit:  http://www.readthespirit.com/feed-the-spirit/category/meat-poultry-fish/

A Day's Beginnings...

I awoke at 2 pm and started my day. That gave me about 8 hours of sleep. I stayed up till about 4:30 am playing emulated Sega Saturn games.

I called my parent's and couldn't get them on the phone as I was wanting my diet Cokes for the day. Dad's phone was kicking me straight into voice mail. They must be taking the grandkids back to Alexander City as they spent the night with my parents last night. Thankfully, I gambled and my mother left my drinks on the back porch or that would have been one depressing drive home fruitless.

I could hear my neighbor crushing beer cans as he recycles them and gets money every few weeks. He had quite a task I noted this afternoon when I looked out my kitchen window to see what he was doing. He then left to go eat a late lunch at the Waffle House.

Maggie and I ate the last of the breakfast foods in the house. We had two large bowls of buttery grits. I hope he who holds the purse strings is kind tonight as I am about out of everything grocery wise this week. Especially my coveted breakfast foods. Hello sausage and bacon. We welcome you!

image credit:  http://www.theoldcomputer.com/game-box-art-covers/index.php?folder=Sega/Saturn/S/Shining%20The%20Holy%20Ark%20(J)

1 comment:

glittermom said...

Try some different pasta shapes for variety...I like the penne pasta it even comes in different sizes