Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Full to the Very Brim...

"Come eat supper with us," my father said last hour in a phone call. "I'm at Roger's Barbecue right now ordering our supper."

Luckily, my car was still warm from sitting in the sun all afternoon which was a blessing. It sure was a cold day today, though, barely getting above 40°F. I drove over with a double mission of eating supper and getting my sodas for the day.

Mom and dad were already eating when I arrived and walked in their back door. Dad got me two barbecue sandwiches and a large Brunswick stew. It was heaven on earth let me tell you. Dad got me a bag of potato chips as well and I brought them home as a snack for later.

Mom announced she had to have cataract surgery like Charlie had to have. Dad looked at me and rolled his eyes. Mom went out of the room to go use the bathroom.

"You realize there is no coincidence that Charlie had cataract surgery a week before your mother has to have it as well," my father told me with a jaded tone to his voice. "She loves doctors and appointments."

"That's our Secretary," I replied with a smile before I took another bite of my last barbecue sandwich. "She's a health insurance company's worst nightmare."

My father affectionately squeezed my hand as I headed out their back door to drive home.

"I'll see you in a few hours," I told my father of the medication ritual.

image credit:  http://vaughteyeassociates.com/blog/b_37025_getting_yearly_eye_exams_is_important_for_both_children_and_adults.html

Concentric Moons Aligned...

Maggie and I were in the bed at 4 am this morning and slept until 4 pm this afternoon. It felt so good to wake feeling fully rested. Like I've said before, Maggie just loves our new routines. Bedtime is a good time to her. I don't have anything better to do anyway.  It is also nice just having to wait a few hours until medication time as well.

I'm also looking forward to playing Shining Wisdom for the Saturn tonight as well. What a fantastic game that is turning out to me. It plays just like The Legend of Zelda.

No comments: