Monday, February 22, 2016

This Pudding Isn't in the Pie...

"Don't let me forget my two Mountain Dews," I told my father walking through the rain into the store. "It is my very favorite thing about grocery day and I forget every time."

Well, I spent the grand sum of $76 dollars tonight. I went wild on the milk chocolate pudding. I bought 5 huge super snack packs and they were $2.57 a piece.

"You did well!" my father said as we walked out into the pouring rain to load up my groceries.

I just said, "Uh, okay."

I thought I had over spent a little bit.

"I am about getting ready to turn these grocery shopping trips over to you soon," he told me. "You know I can still see what you spend online. You will also need to bring me your receipt for Social Security."

To be honest? I am going to miss him. It was a good bonding time for us. Dad and I have had the best laughs and conversations doing this little necessary evil every week. Dad also finds my shopping extremely interesting as well.  He says I buy interesting and off-the-wall kinds of things.

I got LOTS of breakfast foods and they are expensive. Bacon and sausage especially. I also got 3 gallons of sweet milk this time so they will last me the whole week. I also can't eat breakfast without three of four slices of good cheddar cheese to eat along with it. A good brand of frozen biscuit rounded off my selection of breakfast foods tonight. Dad's mom would say you could have some homemade biscuits in your oven in 15 minutes and on the table in 30. The only kind of the Pillsbury canned biscuits I like are the flaky kind -- the crescent rolls are delish, though.

During all of this, it was just pouring rain.  Dad held an umbrella over me as we unloaded my groceries from his car and into my house.

I am fixing to get in the kitchen and fix the MagDawg and I a slam-bang breakfast/supper for these breakfast impoverished and obsessed souls.

No comments: