Tuesday, February 23, 2016

This One is in the Books...


His arrival was a little late tonight, but seeing Papa pull up in front of my house is always a very good feeling. Maggie squealed with glee as he pulled to the curb. I know I say this all the time, but he is my cavalry coming to the rescue. He bolsters the third shift for dealing with another day of life.

"I had such a great and awesome day," I told my father ecstatically which he is always glad to hear.

"No beer I hope," my father replied with a hearty laugh.

Maggie loves it, too. She knows that nightfall means my father will soon arrive. Maggie sat on the back of the couch looking out upon the road whining for about an hour before my father arrived. I guess dogs have some kind of internal clock as well as humans.


"Sorry I am so late," my father said as he walked in the door. "We had a planning meeting for the dinner party I am throwing. We all are going to watch the last few episodes of Downton Abbey and eat dinner and dessert afterward."

Well, that all sounds frou frou. Charlie will play a heavy part in all of this I am sure. That sounds right up his alley.

"John, we've got to get the silverware polished and the chandelier needs cleaning as well," I can hear Charlie say.

image credit: http://www.keoghdesign.com/can-use-paper-plates-tonight/

No comments: