Thursday, February 25, 2016

The State of Affairs this Evening...

Mom is eating Mexican with Mrs. Sandra and my father is finishing up his shift at the pharmacy which just closed. I was in the bed by 10:00 am this morning and slept until 5:30 this afternoon. It was a deep sleep where you wake up with a slight headache you were sleeping so hard.

I broke my sun tea jug. I've had it for years. I put it in the freezer full of water this morning and it froze solid and broke. I went to bed and forgot it. I drink a lot of water -- probably a gallon a day. I brainstormed and filled up one of my empty gallon milk jugs and put it in the freezer. I now have ice cold water a few hours later. I cleaned and filled another milk jug as well. I am going now to fill another one after having this great revelation.

image credit: https://www.etsy.com/listing/46306990/lipton-sun-tea-jar-its-sunsational

A few minutes later...

The Secretary just arrived with Maggie's heartworm and flea medications. Maggie also gets a can of Vienna sausages that she just relishes on these occasions. We then just drove over in my mother's car to get my sodas for the day. It is cold and her car was warm.

"I can't believe I forgot to bring them to you," my mother said to me.

Mom forgot to order me Mexican food tonight as well and was trying to cajole me into driving down to fast food row and getting a value meal. I was more interesting in getting home and drinking my six sodas for the day.

image credit:  http://www.walmart.com/ip/Armour-Vienna-Sausage-6pk/10290880

1 comment:

Rita said...

Ice and ice cold water is a thing for some people, no matter how cold they are or how cold it is outside.

I am the complete opposite. I put water in my Brita pitcher and set it on the counter. When I want a drink, I pour it into my glass and drink away. I have an ice maker, and periodically, I have to empty the ice because old ice is nasty ice.

When I order water to drink in a restaurant, I say, "Water, no ice."

There was a research project done a number of years ago about how to get people in hospitals to drink more water. One thing they noticed was that people who want ice, really drink less water. I would think if you are conditioned to ice cold water, you would drink more of it, if that is what is in your drinking glass.

I wonder if you can find another ice tea jug at a local dollar store?