Monday, November 16, 2015

A Little Bit of This and a Little Bit of That…

2P_081115_3_CuminScentedStirFryBeefNoodlesWhat would the grand old Johnny Otis say if I got all sweet foods buying my groceries tonight? It is tempting. He would probably worry about my mental health, nutrition and my teeth. Yes, another week has passed and another journey to Kroger is due. It is officially now grocery day on this very cold November Monday morning.

I know for certain I am getting two large boxes of unfrosted strawberry Pop-tarts and a gallon of whole milk to savor them with. I also want a box of Krispy Kreme cream filled and chocolate coated doughnuts (I always say this and then the price completely overwhelms me when I am in the store).  I am going to have a good gander at the deli’s cakes and their prices as well. They always have the most tempting soft baked cookies. My ultimate weakness is oatmeal and raisin. 

My main sustenance and meal source this week is going to be my mother’s recipe beef chow mien. It will feed me for quite a few days. It’s basically a pound or two of ground chuck, a head of cabbage cored and chopped up in quarters, and a cup of good soy sauce.  I will probably double that recipe tonight and freeze the rest. Let that concoction boil down until the cabbage has wilted and then you serve it on a bed of hot steaming white rice and crunchy chow mien noodles. Zhuànglì (Magnificent)!

Aide De Camp…

001%2520copy%255B16%255DThe Duchess and Princess of Mauritania and Maratouse, Maggie, was trying to tell me something was very wrong outside this morning.  She was doing her “I gotta go pee really bad” wiggle by my computer room chair. I thought I forgot to unlock the dog door from when the yard service arrived yesterday.  I finally figured out what was wrong and walked out into the backyard with her. She just needed help braving the cold.  It was pretty unique for Maggie to let me witness her using the bathroom. She is very clandestine and secretive about that part of her life.   I’ve owned her for eight years and have only seen her potty breaks a handful of times. She barked, then scratched off like a big dog and it made me smile.  

Photo Credit:  https://www.blueapron.com/cookbook/all/chinese

No comments: