Sunday, November 08, 2015

Get it in Gear Guys…

hqdefaultI keep having to remind myself of the time change and how that screws up our routines.  I am pretty sure Charlie and my father are out gathering meals for our families and making sure Horsefly has his Sunday night dosage of KFC chicken finger tenders.  I am hoping my father will just get me the three piece original meal like last week. 

Three days ago I quit drinking diet Cokes or any cokes for that matter.  It has to be one of the hardest addictions for me to beat yet – almost as hard as stopping smoking.  I was drinking a case of sodas every four days.  I keep expecting terrible migraines like they are discussing on message boards online.

“What are we going to do with all these extra Cokes?” my mother asked like a lost puppy in Central Park.

You should see the wall in the garage.

“I am pretty sure dad will drink them all over time,” I replied to my pitiful sounding mother. “Give some to Charlie as well.”

My mother can be a tad bit codependent in such matters.  The secretary must do secretarial things to keep her and her family’s universe tidy and orderly.

5 comments:

glittermom said...

Why stop drinking cokes? If it's the caffeine they have a caffeine free version...I drink Diet Coke all the time..life's too short to give up everything you like.. Maybe you could just drink less each day..

amelia said...

Good for you!! Now to work on that Benadryl which I thought you had licked a while ago!!

Berryvox said...

I keep trying to switch to hot tea instead of Diet Coke but, in the end, I always go back.

Andrew said...

It's a money thing for me. The more I save by quitting cokes can go to my computer parts fund. That's the main reason for me quitting.

glittermom said...

I didn't know you paid for the wall of Coke!