Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Beef and Cabbage Soup…

unnamedI’ve been experimenting in the kitchen this early morning.  I decided to make a thick and hearty soup out of the ingredients I had on hand for making beef chow mein.  I browned the ground chuck, drained the grease, and poured in an ample amount of water. I then chopped up the cabbage when the soup had come to a bubbling boil. I added some seasonings such as garlic powder, onion power, salt and pepper.  I just ate a bowl and it is very delicious if I do say so myself. The beef is oh so very tender.  It also stretched out the recipe giving me an extra day of food I do believe. 

Crack in a Can…

k2-_4b54a770-61c4-4e5f-9948-c667bc24797e.v1Crack = La Choy crunchy chow mein noodles.  If I am not careful, I will eat a whole can in a few hours.  I love to snack on those things and to think, they’ve improved the recipe.

I Just Be Taken a Nap, Occifer!

I caught myself dosing off a few hours ago.  I must've fallen asleep for an hour or more in my Laz-E-Boy.  This is pretty common for me to take a nap around 3am.  I woke up kind of disoriented in my darkened den as I looked at the clock. It was almost 4:30am.  Maggie was sleeping on the couch next to me.  Now she is pestering me for something to eat – wanting some soup I surmise.

Thou Shalt Not Be Denied the Drink…

Crazy foolish me was just got out in 35° weather to go get my SoBe citrus drink.  I thought my car would never warm up.  I was paranoid that it was going to get stolen by some ne'er-do-well passerby as it warmed up in my driveway.  It finally started to get warm as I pulled into the convenience store’s parking lot.  I prepared my citrusy drink, gave the clerk 76¢ cents, and headed back home to enjoy my drink.

Photo Credit:  http://www.walmart.com/ip/La-Choy-Chow-Mein-Noodles-5-Oz/10292193

No comments: