Sunday, November 29, 2015

A Fishy Sunday Night Of Vittles…

img_9086Charlie tries to do too much for his age.  He pulled a muscle in his back this afternoon and can barely bend over tonight.  Charlie is seventy years old!  He’s no spring chicken. He was working in his yard which my father calls the desert. lol  Dad says Charlie can kill the most hardiest of all plants. It will get the desert look over time.

“Here’s you a fried 3 piece Alaskan Pollack fish plate,” Charlie said a few moments ago as I walked to the road to get my meal.

Dad had called on his cellphone saying they were almost there as they drove up my street.

Dad was sitting in the passenger’s seat of Charlie’s Caprica grinning and looking full of himself.

“We can’t do this every Sunday night,” he said firmly as his grin turned into to a frown. “Your mother got this up. Captain D’s was expensive for all of us.”

It always kills me when this man can write a check for $56,000 for a BMW and then quibble over an extra $20 bucks buying our Sunday meal.  Charlie says that’s why my father has the money and nice things in that he doesn't spend it frivolously or foolishly. Trickle down economics also means I get the benefit of this windfall as well. I will say my father has been a shrewd business man all my life.  He is remodeling the river house and will probably sell it for a nice profit. 

I tried to call my father on his cellphone a moment ago and thank him for these Sunday meals, but he must not have had his phone on him.  They do mean so much to me.  It‘s a real treat to get this every Sunday night. I called my mother and told her to relay the message when my father got home. Gosh, we’re such routine creatures.

“Charlie and your father are just now eating their meals at the kitchen table,” my mother told me. “Mine was delicious!”

“Well, be sure to tell dad what I said,” I replied and my mother said she would.

B for Biscuit….

I was hoping for some bacon, egg, and cheese biscuits this morning and Charlie must’ve been reading my mind.  The only reason I let Maggie have a biscuit was as a vessel to take her antibiotics. Well, to be completely succinct or dare I bring the wrath of the pet police upon me, she got the egg out of one of the biscuits to lighten the bad juju that giving dogs people food seems to entail. 

Photo Credit:  http://www.pitch.com/kansascity/fish-and-chips-beer-kitchen-gaslight-grill-queen-lizzys-captain-ds/Content?oid=2816827

No comments: