Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Great Salutations Charlie!!!

348sCharlie swung by my house on his way home from work late this evening. He really is one of the kindest souls I have ever met.  He had brought me supper.

“Here is a Zaxby’s chicken sampler plate and here is the biggest Coke they sell,” he told me setting everything down on top of my entertainment center. “I got them to hold the ice on the Coke just like you like it.”

The sampler plate had hot wings, celery and chicken tenders. There was also some of the best crispy french fries I’ve eaten in a long time and some buttered Texas toast. 

“Your den looks so much better with that rug removed,” Charlie then told me and Charlie doesn’t give compliments lightly or frivolously.  “We’ll get it cleaned and you can put it back down.”

Charlie was then headed home to get Horsefly and take him to get his nightly KFC chicken tender plate. Charlie’s wife always makes sure Horsefly has his bath, dressed, hair combed, and is ready to go.

Photo Credit:  http://www.yelp.com/biz/zaxbys-antioch

In the Name of the Magster…

prod_UvE59ZbWpF3JQnCI awoke about 4:30pm this afternoon and couldn’t go back to sleep. I actually got 10 hours of sleep so it was no big deal. I called the veterinarian to see if they would give me some antibiotics to give to Maggie.

“We will call you when they are ready to pick up,” the receptionist told me.

I made sure the medicine was in capsule form so I could sprinkle it on Maggie’s food.

I came home after they called me and mixed an open capsule of amoxicillin in with a small paper bowl of chow mein and Maggie gobbled it right up. Maggie was none the wiser.  She has the most persistent ear infection I have ever encountered in all the pets we have owned.  I was trying to medicate it with Q-tips and hydrogen peroxide and that just wasn’t working.  We had to bring out the big guns. 

Photo Credit:  http://www.barakat-pharma.com/index.php?page=products&op=display_product_details&prod_id=199&page_num=1

1 comment:

Rita said...

Saturday, January 10, 2015
Papa John’s and Janice’s Vegetable Beef Soup

•brown 1 chopped small onion in a small amount of butter (usually takes 5 minutes)
•then add 1 ½ pounds of lean ground chuck
•pour off grease or you may want to drain the grease in a colander
•add one large can of crushed tomatoes of your favorite brand
•then add two tomato cans of water
•add 2 teaspoons of salt and ¼ teaspoon of back pepper
•add 1 beef bullion cube
•cook for about 30 minutes
•then add McKenzie’s vegetable soup mix
•add ½ frozen pack or 1 can of butterbeans and 2 stalks of celery chopped
•cook 1 and a half hours
•then add 1 cup of uncooked macaroni noodles and cook for 30 more minutes until noodles are tender.
•Optional: Dad always adds chopped okra to this soup to give it more of a Southern flair.