Saturday, November 28, 2015

Maggie’s a Happy Debonair Dog…

Maggie and Charlie[4][13]“He’s here!!!” Maggie frantically barked as Charlie pulled up in front of my house and Maggie ran to the front door. “I can’t believe it, but he’s finally here!”

Maggie had heard Charlie and I talking on the phone earlier and knew something was up.  She could hear Charlie’s voice. She has been in the den window ever since. I did say Charlie was coming once to egg her on.

“Come in here! Get yer butt in the house!” Maggie barked frantically at the screen door. “This crazy guy I am living with doesn’t know what the hell he is doing!”

The Charles Meister had arrived and I could barely hear him over Maggie’s jubilant barking. 

“Fresh food and water!” Maggie seemed excited to impart as we did her feeding ritual as well. “Although, that hamburger in the den smells mighty tasty.”

I had to mix Maggie’s antibiotic in some McDonald’s fries, but she gobbled them right up. I think the poor soul is finally feeling better.  I didn’t realize just how bad she felt and it made her sleep all the time.

No comments: