Thursday, November 05, 2015

Tunnels: the Trials of Endurance…

underwater-tunnel_shutterstock_72362389This morning was my every two week injection.  The drive down through Valley was certainly interesting.  I was having some pretty weird and odd feelings in that old cranium of mine. I felt like I was driving in a tunnel with an echo, and then I was so glad to finally pull into my father’s former pharmacy.  I had a few moments of relative safety and calm before I continued on with my journey to get my injection.

Rebecca stood in the waiting area and loudly called out my name to come on back to an examination room. I was taking a potty break.

“Coming!  I am in the bathroom shaking the dew off my lily!” I told her. “I’ll be right out.”

I was extremely glad to see Rebecca instead of one of the other girls that work at Kamath Medical.  She called me her favorite patient which I appreciated very much, even going so far to tell me how she missed me while she was on maternity leave. We’ve developed quite a rapport over the years with each other.

Photo Credit:   http://wonderopolis.org/wonder/how-do-you-build-a-tunnel-underwater/

1 comment:

Berryvox said...

There's an aquarium (with sharks!) in the basement of the Mall of America that looks like that. :)

"Shaking the dew off my lily." lol I'm a little traumatized by that wording.