Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Life in the Dark…

vienna-sausages_Yoe_flickrMy cellphone rang about an hour ago awakening me.  I went to bed about 7am this morning and I looked at my clock above the bed and it read 6pm tonight.  Should I answer the phone?  If it is the Secretary then that could mean only one thing.  She was getting me up something to do. I looked at the phone and it was The Secretary calling just as I had feared.

“Andrew, this is your momma,” she said as she always says. “Come and get Maggie’s heartworm medications and her Vienna sausages.”

A few short weeks ago, mom showed up at my house with Maggie’s flea medications and her treats.  

I hurriedly dressed and drove over.  I can’t see to drive at night worth a poot.  That’s why I am no longer a semi driver even though I have a commercial driver’s license.  The phone begin ringing again when I finally arrived back home and I had just sat down in front of my computer in the den.  It was my mother calling a second time.

“Did she chew up and eat her medicine?” My mother asked anxiously.

“Yes,” I replied. “And now she is eating her Vienna sausages daintily on the den rug. She’s a pretty happy and content little dog at the moment.”

“Good!” The Secretary said happily. “That’s one less thing I have to worry about. Thanks for doing that sweetheart.”

Now?  I have an hour to wait until the medication ritual begins.  The pharmacy closed about 45 minutes ago.  

Photo Credit:  https://www.reddit.com/r/coolguides/comments/36rvxv/ultimate_hot_dog_style_guide_xpost_rfood/

No comments: