Saturday, November 21, 2015

Swishingly Sweet…

5b69db4b4187aa112c78616d67d01a81.1000x750x1A moment ago at around 3am, I was sitting at the railroad crossing as a slow freight dragged through downtown West Point, GA.  I was thrilled to death to witness it, probably in contrast to the two other cars and drivers around me.  I bet they were aggravated they got caught by the train.  It was a slow, thunderous freight as well that took a good 10 minutes to pass.  I was giddy as all the cars passed. 

My main goal was the Circle K in West Point across the river from us.  You can save several dollars in taxes on cigar related products than in our little burg I call home in Alabama. It is only cigarettes they’ve taxed the hell out of in recent years. I wanted a five pack of Swisher’s Sweets cigarillos and a hot cup of frou frou cappuccino coffee. I lit a cigarillo once I was back in my car and my head seemed to spin as that cigar had a kick so hard it made me dizzy.  I don’t smoke cigars too often these days.  Sometimes I just crave the taste and especially the smell.

ds-swa

photo credit:  http://www.cigar.com/cigars/12524/swisher-sweets/

1 comment:

PipeTobacco said...

Sir:

I can indeed understand. That beautiful kick in the head from a Swisher is indeed very grand!

PipeTobacco