Monday, November 16, 2015

Tonight’s Grocery Haul…

A1dZfTDMOyL._SX425_Maggie needed dog food badly and that was a major cost tonight at $14.99. I had to plan my grocery shopping accordingly.  I did manage to get enough fixings for beef chow mien twice this week, though.  I also got two big value pack boxes of scrumptious and sweet strawberry Pop-tarts and a gallon of milk to enjoy them with. The total tally this week was $68 dollars and that included the Purina One dog food. My father also bought me some paper plates and bowls so I wouldn’t have to clean so many dishes after eating.   

The Secretary called me while I was in the grocery store and reminded me to get a large bottle of Kikkoman soy sauce and the canister of La Choy chow mien noodles.  I thanked her and told her I had almost forgotten the soy sauce.

“The soy sauce is what makes that dish taste so good,” she told me.

I saw Jermaine for only a few short minutes tonight as I was checking out. 

“Hey fella,” I told him as I gave him a mini man hug as he sat in his motorized cart.

I have developed a certain kindness and  fondness with regards to Jermaine lately. At first, he drove me crazy. I was actually glad to see him tonight. He wanted to know what I was cooking this week and said it sounded delicious.

Don’t Forget the Dew…

songs-mountain-dew“Holy shit!” I exclaimed to my father as we were walking to our cars. “I forgot to get my two cherished Mountain Dew sodas – the thing I was looking forward to the most tonight!”

Dad said to come on and we will get them through the self checkout lane. We unloaded my groceries into my car and walked back inside to get the two sodas. My father was very gracious and kind about the whole affair.  We still got in and out of Kroger in record time.

Photo Credit:  http://www.amazon.com/Pop-Tarts-Strawberry-Unfrosted-Toaster-Pastries/dp/B00BBF6YT4

Photo Credit:  http://www.ebay.com/itm/MT-MOUNTAIN-DEW-PROMO-COIN-TOKEN-11-NASCAR-HOTWHEELS-RACE-CAR-OLD-STEEL-CAN-VTG-/251926560575

No comments: