Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Where Art Thou Parents?

Hunters-pub-art_smallI’ve been calling for hours and couldn't get my parents on the phone.  I drove by there a moment ago and the house was dark. I finally got mom on the home phone just a minute ago. They’ve just arrived home.

“Your daddy and Charlie wanted to drink some wine, eat some delicious steaks, and listen to the music down at the Honky Tonk on the crossroads to Columbus,” my mother told me merrily.

I smiled and was just relieved they were okay.  It’s really extremely odd not to be able to get in touch with my parents in this connected world we live in. I told mom to apologize for me to dad for calling my father’s cellphone so obsessively.   He probably has 10 notices of missed calls when he turns it back on.

Photo Credit:   http://www.hunterspubandsteakhouse.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Hunters-pub-art_small.jpg

No comments: