Friday, November 20, 2015

Let’s Go For a Ride!

polar-pop

Dad’s car was wonderfully toasty warm as we drove to get my citrus drink tonight.  I had asked him to take me and he gladly agreed.  My car would’ve taken 15 minutes to warm up.

“Let me take a drink and see what it tastes like,” my father said as I climbed back into his Honda after my purchase. “Now I know why you are so hooked on those drinks.  They are sweet, citrusy, and delicious.”

“Now, there is going to be a lot of drinking and wine imbibing going on at your brothers house this Thanksgiving,” My father then told me meaning I have to stay at home.  “I will make sure you get a big plate chock full of food when we get home.”

My sister-in-law is a brilliant cook. I told my father to be sure to bring me lots of roast turkey as I love the sandwiches it makes.

“Don’t overload on tryptophan,” my father then told me chuckling.  “You will sleep the day away.”

I’ve already got the market cornered on that,” is what I wanted to reply with.

Tryptophan is the chemical in turkey that makes you want to nap or sleep after a big turkey dinner. 

Photo Credit:  http://www.accustore.com/success-stories/circle-k-arizona-fountain-survey.aspx

No comments: