Wednesday, November 25, 2015

You Know Your Beauty Shines Within…

That goes out to all the women I’ve loved and lost…

B-wcEtaWoAA6mIo

Well, the holidays are here and that can make it hard on us mentally addled and introverted folk, and quite awkward as well I might add.

“I would invite you to your brother’s house for Thanksgiving, but there will be a lot a drinking going on,” my father told me the other night.

To be honest, I really didn’t want to go so it let me off the hook.  Too much social mingling for me for one day and they will literally have a bar set up for drinks. A few shots of tequila or whiskey might tempt me.  That would open up Pandora’s box as far as I am concerned.

Tonight, Dad’s taking some of his cousins out to eat.  I tried to get him to bring my medications on the way to the restaurant. My mother was getting aggravated at my father’s nonchalant attitude about it all.

“Oh, we won’t be that long,” he said to me at 6pm which are usually his famous last words. “I’ll try to come as soon as I can.”

Translated, that meant he will probably be here around 10pm tonight.  I have no control of these things so I try not to let them worry me.  It is almost 8pm and I feel okay as far as withdrawal is concerned.  Mom wanted him to turn around and come by my house.  No can do, Martha!

No comments: