Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Dad’s Duties Are Seldom Done…

Maggie on the Lookout[3]It was a whiz-bang medication ritual tonight. It was reminiscent of Charlie handling the medication ritual. Medications fast……….

“Your obsessive compulsive mother, the secretary, has called me three times about buying our groceries tonight,” my father told me as he handed me my literal handful of medications. “And I had to work 10 hours today!  You’d think she would show some consideration for that.”

I was just extremely overjoyed to see my father tonight as I was feeling some withdrawal from my medications. Nothing terrible, but It felt uncomfortable. I know not to call for status updates as that gets my father aggravated.  Dad will say I am acting like my mother.

Maggie Frisky[3]Dad and I then fed and watered Maggie.  Maggie has really been feeling her oats all afternoon – ever since I woke up.  She didn’t sleep all day like she normally does. While we were feeding her she must of went in and out of the dog door three times barking at the denizens of the night to show who is boss.  Then she would stick her head inside to see what we were doing.

“I really love it when she does that,” dad said laughing heartily as Maggie stuck her head in one more time. “She doesn't want to miss anything.”

“I know,” I replied. “I’ve got to get a photo or video of her doing that. It’s hilarious.”

The last of the process of Maggie’s feeding ritual is to bring her food dish into the den with me and then she will eat it.  She will drive me crazy until I do that. It is kind of like my having  to watch television as I eat dinner.

No comments: