Friday, November 27, 2015

Expedited Processes…

maxresdefault

The phone woke me at 6pm sharp. The phone shrilly ringed as Maggie jumped off the bed and ran to the phone as if it were for her.  A ringing phone often coincides with a visit from a  family member.

“I’ll pick you up in 10 minutes,” my father said. “We’ll get us another drink and you can take your medications.”

Well, this was very fortuitous although I was still very, very half asleep.

“The Auburn basketball game starts at 8pm so I’ve got to hurry to get to the coliseum,” dad told me as we drove down the narrow streets to the Circle K.

He gave me two dollars and I walked in and got us two drinks and walked back outside.

“What’s wrong with you?” my father asked. “You are acting like a zombie. Have you been taking something?”

“I just was abruptly woken up!” I exclaimed completely exasperated. “I had ten whole minutes to get dressed and to get to your car after being completely sound asleep!”

Definitely 0 to 100 mph in ten minutes…

Dad chuckled when he told me that I was just like my mother.  I took it as a compliment. If it wasn’t for my mother, I wouldn’t have had a turkey day dinner last night or those scrumptious chocolate chip and walnut cookies. Mom even managed to get to me a big slice of Georgia pecan pie.

1 comment:

glittermom said...

Your father just can't give you any credit. I'm on moms side too!